Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Jessica Dumont
My name is Mrs. Dumont, and I am very excited that you will be joining the 5B team this year! I am THRILLED to be your teacher and I'm looking forward to a year of learning, fun, and adventures! I can't wait to learn all about you, but first I'll tell you a little about me!
I grew up in Vernon, New Jersey, a large rural town in the Northern parts of our state. I went to college at Rutgers University where I earned a B.A and a Ed.M in Education. I decided I was going to become a teacher at a very young age, so that made my decision of what to study very easy! I have taught both 5th and 6th grade for the past 5 years!
There is so much that I am looking forward to this year! Our curriculum is PACKED with exciting units of study and there is so much to explore! I hope you are just as ready as I am to get the year started and let the learning begin! I hope you had a nice and relaxing summer. Let's make it a great school year!
I hope you are as excited as I am for the first day of school! Our classroom is just about set up for an amazing year of fun and learning!
Some information regarding the first day
1. Bring a snack; we will have a designated snack time each day.
2. Please no nuts and/or peanut butter in the classroom.
3. Bring a water bottle; it is hot and we want to keep everyone well hydrated.
4. Bring your supplies; we will set up our desks and organize our materials.
5. We will not be assigning lockers until the second day of school.
6. We are scheduled to have Physical Education on the first day of school.
7. Relax and remember it is everyone's first day, too!
See you soon!-Mrs. Dumont