NJDOE Bridge Year Pilot Program
The New Jersey Department of Education has established a “Bridge Year” pilot program for students in the Classes of 2021 and 2022 who wish to attend Lawrence High School after graduation in order to mitigate learning loss and/or participate in extracurricular activities or spring sports that were inaccessible due to the pandemic. Please note that students in the Bridge Year may not participate in fall or winter sports.
Students who wish to participate in the Bridge Year must contact the Bridge Year Liaison by February 15th of their senior year.
Bridge Year Liaison
Director of Athletics
Bridge Year Eligibility
- Students must be members of the Class of 2021 or Class of 2022
- Students must notify the Bridge Liaison of their wish to participate by February 15th of their senior year
- Students must have completed all LHS graduation requirements prior to the Bridge Year
- Students must be 19 years of age or younger during the entirety of the Bridge Year (except for students with disabilities whose IEP specifies services past the age of 20)
- Students must remain enrolled in the same high school they attended during their junior year
- Students must take between 9 and 12 credits each semester; fall semester credits can be a combination of Mercer Country Community College (MCCC) credits and LHS credits; spring semester credits must be taken at MCCC (all MCCC credits are at parental expense)
- Students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 (75 or higher)