In Second Grade ASI we are working on:
Phonics and Phonemic Awareness
- solidifying letter/sound associations
- short and long vowels
- letter formation/handwriting
Words and Sentences
- Red Words: Words that cannot be "sounded out" (most of the time)
- Green Words: Words that can be tapped and written
- Spelling patterns
- What makes a sentence? Begins with a capital letter, spaces between words, good spelling and punctuation.
Reading - We read at least 3 books a week.
- Putting all of the above skills together to read a book
- Learning and reviewing reading strategies
- Learning to read fluently and with expression
- Learning to comprehend a text and discuss it's different aspects
- LEARNING TO LOVE READING