Information for Substitutes
Substitute Teacher Qualifications
- Minimum of 60 Undergraduate Credits From An Accredited United States College, evidenced on an official transcript from the educational institution where you obtained said credits.
- Ability to pass a New Jersey Public School Criminal History Check.*
- Completion of a substitute teacher application and oath of allegiance, both of which may be obtained following an interview with the Personnel Specialist at Lawrence Twp. Public Schools.
- Completion of GCN tutorials for the present school year.
- Recent TB test.
Substitute Teaching Certificates cost $125 and are valid for 5 years.
*NOTE: A copy of your clearance letter must be presented to the County Superintendent in order to obtain your substitute certificate. Please submit a copy of your clearance letter to the Personnel Office as soon as you receive it, your letter will be mailed to your home address.
IDEMIA Service Code for New Applicants ONLY **THIS LINK DOES NOT APPLY TO ARCHIVE AND/OR TRANSFER APPLICANTS
Lost or Misplaced Your Clearance Letter?
A duplicate copy may be obtained by logging into the Department of Education website at: http://www.nj.gov/education/educators/crimhist and clicking on "Criminal History Check - Online Fee Payment."
**LTPS Personnel Office processes NJ Substitute Credential Applications for LTPS applicants ONLY. No outside applicants will be processed.
New Jersey Residency Requirement
Information on the NJ First Act (NJ Residency Requirement) including the waiver application can be found here.
Criminal History Clearance Letter
Duplicate criminal history approval letter may be requested online at http://www.nj.gov/education/educators/crimhist/
A New Jersey Substitute Certificate costs $125 and is valid for 5 years. The fee schedule for all certificates is located here
Newly Hired Substitutes
If Lawrence Township is submitting your paperwork to the County Superintendent for a substitute certificate, a copy of your clearance letter must accompany your application.
New AND Returning users: Click here to log into the GCN website and begin your training session.
*If you do not have a GCN account, you will have create a new account.
Have technical questions? Contact Nadia Kulak in the Personnel Office at (609) 671-5599.
Aesop is a computerized substitute calling system that can be accessed by substitutes by telephone or online. It’s easy to use and provides substitutes with the ability to job shop, view information about jobs they have accepted, and review jobs that they have already filled. Once substitutes have been reappointed or newly appointed by the Board of Education, they will receive the necessary information to access Aesop.
Aesop toll free phone number: (800) 942-3767
Aesop via the web: www.aesoponline.com
Please contact the Aesop Operator at (609) 671-5599 for assistance.
2019-20 Daily Rates
- $105/Non-Certificated Substitute Teachers
- $115/Certificated Substitute Teacher
- $200/Nurse-Full Day
- $100/Nurse-Half Day
- $15/hour for Substitute Assistants
- $16/hour for Substitute Secretaries
- $15/hour for Substitute Security Monitors
- $26.95/hour Supplemental Security
- $18/hour Substitute Bus Assistants
- $25/hour Substitute Bus Drivers
- $14/hour Substitute Custodians
- $278.28/Day Long Term Substitute Teacher (up to 60 instructional days in same position)
- $26.95/hour Long Term Substitute Assistant (over 20 consecutive days in same position)